Saturday 5 May 2012

Me with a blog?

There have been many times in my adult life that I have though about starting my own blog.  When at 19 I took off for Europe to live and travel I intended to start a blog as a way for my friends and family to keep updated on my adventures.  Turns out that in 1998 not a lot of people in England (where my base was) had computers in their homes and internet cafes were too expensive for my meager budget.  I ended up sending a lot of postcards!  When I discovered my love of running I thought again about starting a blog to share my experiences and to keep track of training.  I ended up making a lot of great friends in the running community and did not find a need to write a blog...oh and I purchased a GPS which tracked all my training in a super cool way :)

On September 7, 2011 I was diagnosed Type 1 diabetic (that story to come in the next post).  Since then I have been through a lot, had to have cataract surgery in both eyes, suffered with extreme nerve pain in my body due to having sugars regulated quickly and just yesterday was told I have celiac disease as well.  Although my family, friends and particularly my wonderful boyfriend, have been a great support, I feel a bit lonely and lost in my new lifestyle.  I have found myself reading blogs of other diabetics and have learned so much.  I like feeling part of that community and knowing that I am not alone.  I want to be able to share my experiences with others in the same situation and hope that I can be of some comfort as well.

So here we go.  My first blog.  If any of you out there read this feel free to leave me feedback!

Jocelyn

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jocelyn! I responded to your msg on my blog Diabetes and Celiac Sunshine, but wanted to contact you on your blog, too. It broke my heart to hear about your new diagnosis. Keep your chin up, girl! You are not alone, I promise. Keep posting your blogs, following other t1 blogs and celiac blogs (or like moi, who covers both). Things will get better and better!!! Please let me know if you ever have questions, or need opinions or just need to vent!!! Because I TOTALLY GET IT. **HUGGS** Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nikki for your response! I have been reading your blog and learning so much. I am sure I will need to ask a lot of questions! Hugs back to you :) Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog! It's nice to see another diabetic celiac Canadian blogger!
    Your diagnosis story scares me. What a long and awful experience. I hope you are on the road to recovery in your new life. Sometimes a diagnosis of a disease makes everything better. That's how I felt when I got diagnosed with celiac after being sick for 6 years.

    ReplyDelete