Tuesday 22 May 2012

D-Blog Week: Day 6 - Saturday Snapshots


I went camping for the weekend with my boyfriend and it was fantastic.  The weather was nice and it was good to get out of the city.  We biked, walked, fished, relaxed, napped, ate and played a lot of cards.  All weekend my blood sugars were perfect - I mean perfect!  Maybe it was because I had no stress...was active all weekend...not sure but it was wonderful.  On Monday we packed up and I had a good lunch.  I was conservative on my insulin as we had gone for a hard bike ride and also due to the energy used to pack up.  I checked my blood sugar an hour from home, about three hours after we had eaten, and it was a perfect 5.7.  Got home safely and boom.  Out of nowhere came a bad low, the lowest I have had that I know of.  I felt like garbage and it scared the crap out of me. After such a good weekend with great numbers, diabetes came and knocked on my door to remind me it was still there and was still unpredictable!




No comments:

Post a Comment