Monday 14 May 2012

D-Blog Week: Day 1 - Find a Friend




I have not been blogging for very long and am very excited to participate in my very first D-Blog Week.  Thanks to Karen of Bitter-Sweet for organizing this!  I don't really have any followers, but nonetheless I see it as a daily challenge and I am a girl who likes challenges!  Today's topic is Find a Friend.  I have been a blog reader for a long time and only just recently a D-Blog reader (never thought about reading diabetic blogs before having diabetes).  Here is a list of some blogs I am currently reading:

Since I am very passionate about fitness, food and healthy lifestyles I love this blog!  It is very informative and I have gotten some great ideas for training and recipes from this blog.  I love to run, swim and bike and this blog inspires me to consider getting more into triathlons and maybe, just maybe, one day fulfill my dream of completing an Ironman.

This was the first D-blog I came across and another one I follow daily.  I love Kerri's passion for life and her sense of humour.  She has me laughing out loud often and I have learned a heck of a lot from her blog.  She is a great advocate for diabetes awareness!

I happened upon Scully's blog when searching for other Canadian diabetic bloggers.  Hers caught my eye and I am glad that it did!  I have gone back and read all of her posts and they have made me laugh so hard and cry as well.  I feel I can really relate to her lifestyle and some of the struggles she describes.  Her passion for sport inspires me and has made me really believe that I can do anything even though I have diabetes.

I found the link for Nikki's blog when on Scully's.  I have to say that I was excited to find another blog written by someone that not only had diabetes, but celiac disease as well.  Being new to both conditions has left me, quite frankly, scared.  From reading this blog I am learning that life can be "normal" and just takes some extra effort.  I have already used some of her recipes and ideas in the kitchen.  Also, her positivety makes me smile!

I have been reading many other blogs, but so far these are the ones that stick out.  Daily I find new blogs to read and look forward to reading all the new posts.  Someday I hope to meet other members of this D-community!!  Each day I also want to add a picture of something that makes me smile.  Today's photo is:

Yup - another one of my doggies!  This is the day I brought Kasper home - Basil was really not too sure :)  If I am having a bad day this photo cheers me up every time.

1 comment:

  1. This photo had me laughing out loud Jocelyn..I love the look in Basil's eye ;0)

    I'm just catching up on your blog...Wow, what strength you have...amazing.

    ReplyDelete