Friday 29 June 2012

Middle of the night lows

Last night I woke up at 3:00am dripping in sweat and my heart was pounding.  I knew right away that I was low and reached for my meter to check.  After fumbling around with my shaky hands I managed to test and was at 2.4 (why do we do this?  Even though I know I am low I still have to check...).  I wolfed down 5 Dex tabs and after I had stopped shaking and was able to get my thoughts together I padded down to the kitchen for a yoghurt to get me through the rest of the night.  I woke up about four hours later and was at 5.2.  Even though my BS was good, I felt like I had been run over by a truck!  Head pounding and slightly nauseous.  As the day has gone on I have felt somewhat better, I think my lunchtime 10km run helped, but I definitely feel off.  First time a low in the night has affected me so much the day after.  As I have been exercising a lot, I have lowered by basal and always make sure I have a good BS before bed, however you just can never guarantee what is going to happen!  I am thankful that my body wakes me up and I have what I need within reaching distance.  I am glad that this does not occur often as man it really makes you feel like a pile of steaming crap!

Have a good long weekend everyone!  I have been working on some posts and look forward to posting more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment