Wednesday 13 May 2015

D-Blog Week Day 3 - Clean It Out



Today’s topic is Clean it Out.  Yesterday we kept stuff in, so today let's clear stuff out.  What is in your diabetic closet that needs to be cleaned out?  This can be an actual physical belonging, or it can be something you're mentally or emotionally hanging on to.  Why are you keeping it and why do you need to get rid of it? 

I like the idea of keeping my diabetes in a closet! It would be ideal to shove it away in a dark closet in the basement and forget about it.  However so far this is not possible (if it is let me know). 

I am not too bad at keeping my supplies in order. I have enough lancets to last me a lifetime and at least 6 glucometers lying around.  I can pretty much guarantee that nearly every corner of my house has a used test strip lurking (seriously – those things get everywhere).  My fridge is stocked with the insulin I need for a month at a time and I have extra lantus pens just in case.

The one thing I do need to clean out – the clutch I carry around that has my strips, lancet, glucometer and tube of glucose.  From the outside it is a pretty purple clutch with that fits perfectly in my purse.  However look inside and it is pretty horrendous.  There are blood spots everywhere! It looks like I drag my pricked fingers across it each time I test. I have a bad habit of just throwing my used strips in the bag when I am out and about to dispose of later.  I am sure if a stranger peeked inside they would be horrified and maybe be sick in their mouth just a little.

Maybe now that I have shared this with the online community I will do something about and clean it out! (When I get around to it, sometime, in the next year or so…).


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I have the same problem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete