Wednesday 9 October 2013

September 2013 Training Wrap-Up

Nearly a week late with my September numbers.  September was a good month for me, training and fun wise.  Ryan and I went to California for a week and had a fantastic vacation!  We went to a Stanford College football game, spend a few lovely days in Sonoma County in the cutest bed and breakfast, drove down the coast and then spent three glorious days in San Fransisco.  My second time to the city and still so much I want to see.  I did a lot of walking during the trip but no actual training. Despite that I still got a solid month under my belt.  I have been having some pain in my right butt, hip and knee area when running.  Because I am stubborn I have kept running on it, however finally decided to make an appointment with a physiotherapist. I am pretty sure it is my piriformis or IT band and it happens only with this leg.  ART and massage do help but this time around it is not getting better.  I want to nip it in the butt (literally) so I can get back to some longer distance running. 

I got a few nice long rides in on my road bike and participated in the Fall Harvest Ride.  It was a 65km ride and there were about 300 participants.  I had lots of fun riding with so many other people!  I love the fall colours while being out on the bike, just beautiful.  I will be sad when the snow flies and Little J will be staying inside.  I have decided to get myself a trainer so that Little J does not feel abandoned.  I have joined a registered spin class and am doing two classes a week.  Although they are about 90 mins each, they kick my butt each time.  The intervals and hill climbing are perfect for training. 
 
Now for the numbers:
 
Hours of training = 34.8 hours
Bike (including Spin) x 9 = 339.2 km's
Run x 9 = 97 km's km's
Swim x 4 = 8,850m
Weights/tabata/core= 6 hours 30 minutes
Rest days =10

So far October is off to a good start and I have done some short runs and spent time on the bike and in the pool.  I have been making an effort to stretch a lot more and also to get more strength training in.  Biking and swimming do not irritate my leg so I won't be surprised if this month is spent on these activities and not so much running.  I don't want to end up really injured!  Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment